Monday, February 21, 2011

Help Me Rescue Skittles

This is not Skittles. It is simply a representative picture of a Jack Russell. My cyber friend, Fran, has posted the following at her blog and she and I have been in communication about this.

On her blog she posts:

"One of my tasks is to find a home for Skittles, Olga's Jack Russell Terrier. Skittles is 8 and very cute, but she is also a Jack Russell Terrier. Read: She is highly energetic. In the good days, she had Olga out and walking, getting regular exercise. When Olga had her first bout with the stupid cancer in 2009, she wanted Skittles to go. I persuaded her otherwise and she was later grateful. That dog helped fuel a recovery.

Now I know that persuasion has no point. If you live within 3 hours of Albany or Binghamton and you even remotely think that you know someone who would consider this dog, it would be a mercy that is much required."

I have agreed to adopt the dog if we can find a way to get her from Albany to the U.P. I am looking for drivers in a sort of "underground railroad" between there and here. If you would be able to take a leg please contact me and let me know.

We need drivers in the following areas and in between: Albany, Ithica, Erie, Cleveland, Toledo, Detroit, and along the I75 interstate up to the Mackinac Bridge where I can retrieve her and bring her to her new home. Peace.

PS - Someone has already "helpfully" suggested to Fran that they simply euthanize the dog as "that will happen anyway." grrrrrrrrrr!

5 comments:

Fran said...

I can get the dog to somewhere... Western NY? Somewhere in PA?

I am so deeply grateful for this effort and I am convinced that this will be a great new home for Skittles. Thanks to all. I'm flexible, please help.

Thank you Larry!!!

PseudoPiskie said...

There is a rescue group in Cleveland - http://www.russellrescue.com/links.php4#regional

I'd help if I weren't so allergic.

Lindy said...

Larry, you are a saint! And Skittles is a lucky dog. I am so glad you're doing this. I've been worried about little Skittles. I wish there were some way I could help. Best to you both!

JCF said...

Ack, if I still lived in Michigan...

Praying Skittles makes it to you, Renz.

RENZ said...

JCF, at first I got all excited and almost tried to reach you before I remembered you are now somewhere out west...

The whole plan has come together nicely though. Thanks for the prayers.