Tuesday, October 13, 2009

First Anniversary of Renz In The Woods

Well, I've managed to keep this up for a full year. The hit counter is just about to clock 5,000 and given that I added the counter later in the year, it's a safe bet to say I did fairly well for some personal ramblings tossed out their to the winds.

A year ago, inspired by some of my cyber friends with their own blogs I set out on this journey. As imitation is the best form of flattery, my early blog may have resembled these others in ways that I eventually grew out of and into my own blog style.

It's Autumn again in the Upper Peninsula. The fire in the wood stove is keeping things toasty when it's cold and rainy outside. My weekly saunas with and without my neighbor Heidi have become part of the routine schedule and are changing with the season. Coming out of a 190 degree sauna into the crisp autumn air feels very different than in the summer time.

A year ago it was all Change We Can Believe In and fingers crossed and will Obama do it. Now we are well into his first year of the presidency and he continues to try to implement his agenda against a tide of reactionary Republican crap.

I have had to learn to deal with new illness. I have made some wonderful new friends. The Internet has enriched my secular monastic lifestyle in ways I never would have envisioned. I am back in touch with a significant number of former friends thanks to Facebook.

Life is good. The wheel begins another revolution. Take a deep breath and enjoy the ride. Peace.

No comments: