Monday, August 1, 2011

Day Of Rest

Given the change in time zones I was awake at 4:30 AM. Crept around until Lisa woke up - thankfully she leaves for work before 6AM. Eventually made it back to bed and slept in for a few hours. That essentially set the tone for the day. Heat index here above 100. No real desire to prowl, shop, etc. so I essentially stayed in bed all day. I would get up and nibble in the kitchen, read and doze. I think I needed the rest. The house has been nice and cool and Frankie has been good company.

I would take him out to the back yard and just feel wiped out from 10 minutes of this humidity. I am simply not used to it anymore having lived up north for thirteen years. Late in the day a front passed through and lessened the heat and humidity. Hopefully, it will stay milder now. My appointment begins at 7:30 in Rheumatology where I will pick up a pager.

Dinner tonight was sushi! The joys of a bigger city mainly involve food. Now I'm just relaxing - all those naps will probably keep me up for awhile. Peace.

No comments: