Sunday, July 31, 2011

Safe Arrivals...

Travel day went off with only some minor hitches. Up at 6AM and started packing - remembered everything but the baby gate. Dropped the girls off at the Pet Sitters Kennel - they have their own "suite" and will be allowed to run around the office space as well as their time out in the yard. I hope Skittles wasn't too traumatized being dropped off like this so soon after her arrival (she's only been with me now for four months).

Met my friend Kim from Jr High/High School for lunch in Wisconsin. We haven't seen each other in over 30 years and had a lovely two hour lunch. We could have talked even longer. I look forward to visiting with her again soon. This was a nice way to break up an eight hour drive and make me rest.

The worst of the trip was the car air conditioning kept fading in and out - both temperature and fan speed. I must get that looked at one of these days. As a result it was back and forth between wide open windows blowing warm air and bouts of nice cold air.

On arrival we rested for a bit and then zipped off to my favorite Indian restaurant for a bite. Now I'm just relaxing and getting ready for bed. Tomorrow will be a day of rest. My appointments don't begin until Tues. Peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh so glad u arrived safely. Do tell what did you eat at the Indian restaurant? I do wish I could have gone with you. All my love. Pest