Saturday, May 23, 2009

Rock, Paper, Scissors...

Apparently in the dog version "garbage" beats "bunnies." You see - it's a beautiful, sunny Saturday morning here, low 50's...gorgeous! Now that the snow is gone I can go back to letting the dogs hang out in the great room while I exercise the bunnies in the screened porch while I clean the hutch. I have this strict two door rule - two doors between the dogs and the bunnies when they're not in the hutch. This drives Frankie and Lola crazy - they sit on the back of the sofa and whine and paw. For some reason bunnies in the hutch?...boring. Bunnies on the ground?...kill, kill, kill.

So today I bring the dogs in, lock the screen doors on the porch, and free Thelma and Louise for a good romp while I clean the hutch. I'm busy scooping and sweeping and slowly it dawns on me that there isn't a single dog in the window watching, whining, and waiting for a chance to get 'em. Then I remember the big bag of garbage I left on the kitchen floor well within reach of prying eyes, teeth, and paws. Forgetting my two door rule I fling open the front door and sure enough - garbage all over the floor! And, so, in doggie games - garbage beats bunnies. Yes, it's not a logical comparison, but thankfully dogs don't think like humans and so it makes perfect sense to them!

5 comments:

Kirkepiscatoid said...

Out at my place, "dead possum" trumps "garbage."

RENZ said...

Hmmmmmm, we'll have to see if that holds true up here. Hey did you get your weather? I sent it back after checking the zip codes like you suggested...been a beautiful 52 degrees today...sunny too.

Sara said...

The kids left the door open on our rabbit hutch and the border collie crawled in. My first thought was of death and destruction. No, he had the bunny pinned down and was cleaning his ears.

Kirk - ewwwwww stinky!

Kirkepiscatoid said...

Got up to 88 here, and sunny. I have had a heck of a day in terms of getting to enjoy physical activity. Weeded over at church to make the place nice for a wedding this afternoon. Went for a 2.5 mile walk around the lake loop with one of my "walking buddies" (semi-retired psychiatrist) and the dogs. Went by Westlake's and got some flowers for the washtub planters and whisky barrel planters. Still need to plant them but I can do that tomorrow.

RENZ said...

Sara, that is too funny! Are your bunny's ears stinky? I will have to check my bunnies' ears and see if they're stinky.

Glad to see the weather arrived safely after being delivered to the wrong address, Maria.